- Location: Alstonville NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
1 Day per week/fortnight (times will be discussed with organisation)
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Are you a selfless, kind and sociable individual looking to make a difference in the role of older people? An aged care facility in Ballina is looking for companions for their residents who require social and emotional support. The role involves providing companionship to older people who face social, emotional or physical barriers which impacts upon their involvement in group activities. From reminiscing, coffee and chat or a walk outside, the role of a companion may be the most important part of the resident’s day. Enjoy making a positive difference in the life of an older person and enjoy the social interaction that the volunteering position brings. Hours and days are flexible dependent on the volunteer, with a commitment of a minimum of one visit per month requested. We would love to speak to anyone interested in this volunteer opportunity.