- Location: Corinda QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Monday to Friday between he hours of 9.30am till 3.30pm. Morning and afternoon shifts are available to suit
Type of work
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
- National Police Certificate *
All checks are provided and paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland.
All applicants will be required to complete an online registration form which will be forwarded to them when their expression of interest is lodged with us.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Lifestyle activities can assist residents by improving fitness levels, mental wellbeing and community connectedness. Most importantly they are also lots of fun!
As a Lifestyle Support Volunteer you can assist residents by:
· Providing support and reassurance while residents are involved in various activities. · Ensuring residents remain actively engaged, encouraged and inspired. · Encouraging independence, friendship and fun in a relaxed environment. · Developing meaningful relationships. · Being spontaneous and sharing your abilities.
This role is suitable for people who have well developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and display a calm and empathetic manner.
Volunteers are currently required Monday to Friday between the hours of 9.30am – 12noon and 1pm – 3pm (flexible)
Our Bethesda aged care community is set amongst shady Moreton Bay figs and vibrant jacarandas with sweeping views of the Brisbane River. Bethesda is a place of natural beauty that has a proud history of nurturing generations of Queenslanders for more than 50 years.
Life at Bethesda promotes a holistic approach of care, maintaining the physical, spiritual and emotional wellbeing of residents. The lovely homestead boasts enclosed gardens and shaded BBQ area that can be enjoyed by residents, their families and friends. Bethesda has embraced the internationally-recognised Eden Alternative Philosophy of Care and has been awarded full Eden in Oz and NZ registration. It is a lovely, welcoming and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally.
We look forward to hearing from you!