- Location: Across: Port Hedland WA, South Hedland WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Emergency Response
7-9pm Wednesdays and 2-3 weekends per year for courses
Type of work
- Safety & Emergency Services
We supply all the training and equipment as an SES member. You can learn how to mend buildings, climb ladders, use radios, set up communications towers, do first aid, operate a flood boat, climb through rubble, navigate, search and much much more.
- National Police Certificate *
If you are fit and healthy, and are able to commit to the required time, we will supply all the training and PPC you need.
Some basic computer skills are desirable.
Opportunities to help in administrative roles such as working in operations are also available.
Once trained if you are available there is even the opportunity for deployments to other parts of the State or even interstate that can last over several days.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Our role includes:
- Temporary repairs to houses damaged as a result of storms/cyclones, flooding, fallen trees etc.
- Aiding the community in the event of flood, earthquake or tsunami
- Assisting the WA Police with searches for missing or lost persons
- Assisting Fire Services with anything that doesn’t involve putting out fires
- Communication services in emergency situations
- Provide first aid; casualty removal
- Air observers for searches over land and sea
- Drivers to assist in fire support and other incidents
- In fact, we will help with pretty much anything that doesn’t involve life threatening situations and is within the scope of our training and expertise.