- Location: Oaks Estate ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Minimum of 3 events every 12 months with a minimum of 4 hours each event. Minimum of 1 meeting every 3 months with a minimum of half an hour each meeting.
- Families with Children
Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Working with Children Check *
- Ability to work well with others
- Current Working With Vulnerable People Card
- Familiarity with the health sector, particularly in Oncology
- Previous involvement in event organisation
- Committee Experience
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Members are a vital part of the running of the organisation. If we did not have our members we would cease to exist and we would no longer be able to support the cancer patients in our region.
As a member your duties would be:
Attend Fundraising events held by Rise Above
- Collect monetary donations from members of the public at the event
- Sell raffle tickets to members of the public at the event
- Usher audiences at the door of events Represent Rise Above at events
- Converse with members of the public about Rise Above - Capital Region Cancer Relief
- Collect monetary donations from members of the public
- Sell Rise Above merchandise
- Hand out information about Rise Above events and services. Attend the Rise Above Cancer Convoy
- Sell Rise Above Convoy merchandise
- Shake donation buckets throughout the event
- Receive donations for entry at the gates of the event
Attend Monthly Members Meetings
- Member’s Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of every month Take part in important decision making
- Members will be required to vote on important decisions effecting the organisation
- It will be up to Members to vote according what they believe will best for the organisation and fits in with our mission, vision, values and objectives. Attend the Annual General Meeting
- The organisation holds its AGM on the third Tuesday of November.
- In this meeting Members will be required to vote on the Members of the Board of Directors, the President of the Members, Vice President of the Members, Treasurer and Secretary.
Other duties as Required