- Location: Murdoch WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Health
Available for a minimum of 4 hours per week or fortnight, from Monday to Friday. Days and hours are negotiable depending on demand and therapist's availability.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
Introduction to the organisation; orientation to the workplace; job-specific training as required
- National Police Certificate *
Minimum requirements and qualifications as outlined in Cancer Council WA Reiki Complementary Touch Based Therapy Inclusion Protocol.
• Reiki Level 2
• Eligible membership to a Reiki association
• 50 hours Reiki experience
• A suitable Reiki orientated reference from a Reiki Master
• Positive approach to the workplace.
• Understanding of and commitment to the values of Cancer Council WA.
• Commitment to work within the boundaries of the role.
• Good personal health.
• Reliable and trustworthy.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Cancer Council WA has a commitment to providing people affected by cancer, their families and carers with support to enhance their feelings of well-being and quality of life. The Complementary Therapy program offers a range of therapies to cancer patients and carers.
We are seeking a qualified Complementary Touch-Based Therapist to administer Cancer Council approved complementary touch based therapy to people affected by cancer. The Complementary Therapy program operates weekly and aims to offer a range of approved complementary therapies, in this case Reiki, to clients by appointment.
Under the guidance of the Cancer Support Coordinator, the main tasks and responsibilities are:
• Comply with Cancer Council Complementary Touch Based Therapy policy, guidelines and protocols • Deliver chosen therapy within this framework • Meet time and duty commitments • Complete consent and medical history client forms • Respect client confidentiality • Complete reporting documents • Maintain regular contact with and provide feedback to supervisor • Report concerns regarding client suitability or condition