- Location: Lakemba NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
A few hours a week Monday-Saturday.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Garden Maintenance
- Seniors & Aged Care
Ongoing training opportunities available
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Garden Care Volunteers work in small and large teams to help convert gardens to become low maintenance for elderly residents so that they can continue to live independently in their own homes. This is done through weeding, mulching, pruning and generally making the garden safe and tidy. We are looking for volunteers to commit to a minimum of one day per week. Teams commence work from from 9 am and finish at 12pm Mondays to Saturdays. We work in gardens from Riverwood to Balmain and can give you a lift to the garden from our Office in Lakemba if needed.