- Location: Across: Lakemba NSW, Canterbury NSW, Campsie NSW, Bankstown NSW, Padstow NSW, Yagoona NSW, Punchbowl NSW, Chullora NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
4 hours a session. Any day of the working week Monday & occasional Saturdays
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Garden Maintenance
- Companionship & Social Support
Ongoing training opportunities available
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on application.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Garden Care Volunteers work in small teams to help convert gardens to become low maintenance for elderly residents so that they can continue to live independently in their own homes. This is done through weeding, mulching, pruning and generally making the garden safe and tidy. We are looking for volunteers to commit to a minimum of one day per week. Teams commence work from from 9 am and finish at 12pm Mondays to Saturdays. We work in Gardens in some suburbs across the Inner West and Canterbury Bankstown local government areas.
* You would need to be able to transport yourself to and from the gardens.