- Location: Brisbane City QLD
- Commitment: One off - an event
- Category: Human Rights
Brisbane 21-23 June 2019
Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
To register as a volunteer or for more information please visit our website.
You can also reach us, using the subject line: Event Volunteer - Oxfam Trailwalker - Brisbane enquiry, at EthicalJobs or on 02 8204 3980. We'll happily chat with you about a rewarding volunteer role that’s just right for you.
Volunteering is a fantastic way to meet people, bond with colleagues and friends, share in the excitement of Oxfam’s biggest fundraising event and, most importantly, make a difference. Oxfam Trailwalker is a community event that brings people together from all walks of life. Our dedicated volunteers create incredible experiences for our teams, helping them complete their 100km journey to raise much needed funds for Oxfam Australia to tackle poverty. Oxfam Trailwalker Brisbane takes place 21-23 June 2019, and sees teams walking 100km or 55km through the beautiful D’Aguilar National Park.
**Events Volunteers help out with a variety of tasks which could include: **
- At a Checkpoint: cheering on walkers, checking them in, preparing food and drinks for walkers, keeping the checkpoints clean and tidy and ensuring the smooth flow of traffic in car parks.
- On the Trail: Trail Marks mark out the trail the day prior to the event, whilst Trail Marshals are out on the trail to cheer on and encourage our walkers once the event kicks off.
- Transport and Logistics support: these volunteers support the Oxfam Trailwalker logistics team as couriers for the event.
- In the Allied Health tent: physiotherapy, podiatry and massage volunteers soothe our walker’s weary bodies and tired feet to help them cross the finish line.
Join us to tackle poverty together. Hope to see you on the trail! National Events Volunteers’ Team Oxfam Trailwalker