- Location: Darlinghurst NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
7:30 - 10:30am on Tuesday morning
Type of work
- Food Preparation & Service
Kitchen, food preparation and hospitality training is available.
This Not for Profit organization helps tackle the isolation faced by Sydney Seniors, the long-term unemployed and people living with disability. They help by fostering a sense of identity and self-worth, supporting physical and mental wellbeing, providing a sense of purpose and enabling their clients to contribute to society.
Part of their services involve serving breakfast and lunch to our patrons as well as distributing food packages donated by OzHarvest.
They are looking for Food Angels to help organise and manage their food giveaways and be part of the team that distributes the parcels to their service users. The Food Angels will also assist with basic food preparation such as chopping up fruit and vegetables etc. to make into meals, chutneys and jams etc. to serve to their patrons.
It would be desirable if the volunteer had knife skills and a general interest in helping people.
- Opportunity to help support and improve the lives of the Elderly, People with Disability and the Long Term Unemployed.
- Increase your social and relationship skills, while making new friends.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.