- Location: Cromer NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
3 - 7 hours during the day, flexible days Monday - Saturday
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
A thorough and comprehensive suite of training courses are available.
- Driver's Licence (LR)
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This Not for Profit community organisation connecting people and communities through affordable and accessible transport solutions across Sydney Northern Beaches.
Bus Helpers are needed to assist clients and the bus driver on an outing to a weekly mystery destination.
- Pack picnic basket in office kitchen prior to departure
- Assist driver with directions to destinations
- Provide ‘elbow’ assistance to Customers accessing the vehicle and ensure safe door-to-door service
- Assist Customers with baggage, including mobility aids, where necessary
- Ensure all Customers have seatbelts fastened where fitted
- Record Customer Attendance on run sheet and record fares
- Prepare and serve refreshments at the drive destination
- Report back to the Office any comments concerning the Customer's wellbeing
- An understanding of issues relevant to people who are transport disadvantaged including people who are frail aged, younger people with disabilities and their carers
- Ability to work as a constructive Team Member and take direction
- Good level of verbal & communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Flexibility in tasks and work hours
- Knowledge of the Northern Beaches Local Government Area
- Light up someone's day by helping on a fun outing
- Increasing your social and relationship skills and making new friends
- Gaining career experience and potentially a platform to employment