- Location: Across: Sydney NSW, Melbourne VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Mentoring & Advocacy
Administration: 4+ hours per month Team Meetings: 2 hours per month Events: as required
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
StartOut Australia matches young people of diverse sex, sexuality or gender (DSG) with role models to help build resilience, self-acceptance, break negative self-image and to help navigate their sexuality. Role models are trained to provide support using our online mentoring platform helping young people wherever they might be in Australia.
If you’re keen to see young DSG people reach their potential by helping us through empowering leadership, we could be the organisation for you!
The Role: We are seeking effective leader to work with StartOut Australia, to engage, empower and guide our volunteer and mentors who support the work of the organisation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leadership and engagement of all StartOut role models and volunteers within the allocated State or Territory
- Hosting monthly volunteer hang outs to maintain engagement
- Key contact for all volunteers in the State/Territory who connects them to the right parts of StartOut when they need support.
- Where the team is large enough, coordination of Mentor Wranglers.
Requirements: Ideally, you will have:
- Experience with NFP organisations and volunteer groups.
- Regular access to a computer with internet connection (at your own expense).
- Initiative to work autonomously and remotely.
- A can do attitude and someone who can think outside the box.