- Location: Albany Creek QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Young People
One Sunday per month from 9am - 4pm.
Type of work
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Sport & Physical Activity
One 3-hour training session prior to commencement. We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to be a great leader on the program!
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
- Minimum 6-month commitment
- Willingness to obtain a valid Blue Card
- Willingness to complete screening and suitability checks
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We’re looking for volunteers aged 16-35 who are caring, compassionate, conscientious, and non-judgemental. We aim to help children form positive relationships with volunteer mentors and develop friendships with other children from the local area.
Buddies Day is a volunteer-run care and respite program. It involves one activity day per month (on a Sunday) where children participate in various activities such as laser tag, bowling, arts and crafts, swimming, virtual reality, sports, and visits to zoos, museums, and aquariums. The program is for children aged 8-13 years old who may come from various challenging backgrounds and who would not normally have these kinds of opportunities.
As a volunteer leader, the main responsibilities involved in the role include:
- Attending Buddies Day once a month
- Participation in the planning and coordination of Buddies Day
- Participation in the planned activities alongside the children
- Assisting in transporting children to and from Buddies Day
- Monitoring and supervising the children
- Helping to ensure the children have a fun, safe day