- Location: Campsie NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Monday to Sunday Once per week Very flexible ways to be involved, face to face, by phone, email or social media
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
Multicultural Care will provide all the training and support volunteers might need
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Weavers Program is funded by the Department of Family and Community Services FACS and is delivered throughout Inner West, South West and South East Sydney.
The Weavers program is a new, innovative peer to peer approach supporting people caring for a loved one who is ageing. Carers will get support to understand their role and ease any difficulties they are facing by paring them up with experienced volunteers, known as Weavers, who have skills and knowledge of the caring journey. Duties and Responsibilities Provide guidance in the following areas
- Navigating and negotiating services
- Assist with connecting with family and friends
- Dealing with emotional challenges that cares might face
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.