- Location: Botany NSW
- Commitment: One off - a few hours
- Category: Environment & Conservation
A typical volunteer day lasts around 6 hours. This is an ongoing project that runs on selected days. Please see our website for further details.
- Travelling Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
- Garden Maintenance
No prior experience necessary! Team Leaders will provide volunteers with safety inductions and training in bush regeneration skills.
Please wear sturdy shoes/boots, long pants, and long sleeve shirts. Hats, sunscreen, and water are a must.
*** Please note that this is an expression of interest for future projects. Due to COVID-19, we are temporarily suspending our volunteer programs. We will contact you once this opportunity becomes available***
Sir Joseph Banks Park is a very significant nature reserve on the Botany foreshore. It provides natural habitat for native flora and fauna species that call Botany Bay their home. This area is home to the endangered Eastern Suburbs Banksia Scrub plant community and many other native species such as the yellow-tailed black cockatoo, blue tongue lizard and eastern long-necked turtle!
This area has however been affected by serious environmental degradation in the past and we are here to give it a helping hand! Come along and help us to make it an incredible place to be for the local community!
There’s lots to be done! By volunteering with us, you may have the opportunity to remove invasive plant species, maintain walking trails, collect rubbish, mulch and prepare the site for future planting events and even take part in a wildlife survey.
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Make sure you book your spot online. Spaces are limited, and they do fill up!
- We offer a free pick and drop off at Central Station for each project.
- No previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out (this looks great on a resume!)
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.