- Location: Parramatta NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Young People
1 meeting a week during school term, normally 1-2 hours and occasional planned activities on a weekend. ie. hiking, camping etc.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Trades & Maintenance
All training is provided. E-learning modules online and a practical weekend away to learn/refresh relevant outdoor skills.(Cert II, II, IV in Outdoor Recreation and/or Cert III in Business and/or Cert IV in Leadership & Management available).
No remuneration. Training provided at no cost. Reimbursement of agreed expenses by committee.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Enjoy working with Children and young people. Must have a valid Working with Children Check and National Police Check to apply.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Become a Scout Volunteer with the Buddhist Scout Group in Parramatta!
The aim of Scouting is to encourage the physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual development of young people so that they take a constructive place in society as a member of their local, national and international community.
Volunteering with Scouts NSW gives you opportunities to:
- Encourage, mentor and empower young people to be their best
- Contribute to your local community
- Rediscover adventure in yourself
- Involve the whole family in a new adventure together
- Have fun
- Challenge yourself
- Get active
- Learn new skills
- Be appreciated
- Meet people with similar values
- Gain recognised Leadership and Management qualifications
- Travel within Australia and overseas.
There are hundreds of children taking part in Scouting activities every day and they need adult volunteer support to guide them along the way.
Adults members can become leaders in the different sections/age groups: Joeys, aged 5 – 8 years old Cubs, aged 8 – 11 years old Scouts, aged 11 – 15 years old Venturers, 15 – 18 years old Rovers, 18 – 25 years old Group Leader – manages the group, looks over the committee members and the different sections. Committee Member – manages the internal functions of the Group i.e. finance, membership, hall hire maintenance etc.
Leaders are required to undergo a National Police Check and must have a valid NSW Working with Children Check.
Western Sydney BLIA (Buddhist) Scout Group is looking for volunteers to be leaders of youth, youth leaders and adult supporters in the Cub and Scout Sections. Adult Supporter roles include Committee members Development Officer, Handyman, Fundraiser.