- Location: Adelaide SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Sessions vary due to demand but a minimum of 3 hours a week is required
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- IT & Web Development
One-on-one training and group training with seniors are provided as part of our induction program.
- National Police Certificate *
- Must have solid IT skills in the categories of training we offer
- Be able to run a class alone after a training period
- Patience is a must along with a great sense of humour
- Be available to travel around Adelaide either by car or public transport
- Be flexible in hours as we get requests from community centres, retirement villages etc
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role be a maximum of 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Train seniors in using technology such as:
- Iphone or Android training
- Be scam safe on the internet
- How to set up emails,facebook,online banking etc
- Banking and online shopping
- Computer and Internet over view for Beginners
- Wi-Fi and Mobile Networks and All About Data
- Tips for Travel with an ipad
- Tablet showcase
Catalyst Foundation and Be connected program developed digital training sessions and the role will also involve in making sure Power Point presentations are kept updated. Role will expect to provide support for seniors to register on the Be connected learning portal.
Travel will be expected when running training sessions offsite