- Location: Williamstown VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Homeless
Fortnightly commitment, 10:45am - 1:30pm Tuesdays
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Driving & Transportation
- Fundraising & Events
A positive & non-judgemental attitude!
• Your chance to make a real difference in the lives of people experiencing homelessness. • Contribute to the growth and success of Orange Sky Australia's services. • Opportunities for professional development and employment.
YOUR NEW FAMILY: Orange Sky Australia, founded in 2014 by friends Lucas Patchett and Nicholas Marchesi, is a not-for-profit organisation providing free mobile laundry and shower services to people experiencing homelessness. Through a network of 24 vans and 1200+ amazing volunteers, our services are now positively connecting communities all around Australia.
YOUR NEW ROLE: As a general volunteer, you will be required to go out on shift once a week or fortnight and make sure the van greets our friends with an awesome group of volunteers. As the general volunteer, you will be expected to communicate effectively with our Team Leaders and the Service Managers as well as with other members of our OS Family. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Weekly or fortnightly shift commitment
- Communicating shift reports and incidents to our management team
- Pick up the van from South melbourne and drive to Williamstown shift
To be successful, you will be organised, great with people, and have a genuine passion for helping others. You will be able to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
Please submit an expression of interest here and you'll receive an automatic e-mail with details for how to apply or go to the Orange Sky Australia website to see more about what we do and apply there.
For further information about Orange Sky, please check out our website, Facebook, twitter or youtube us.