- Location: Ashgrove QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
This volunteer role will take place every Wednesday between 1pm and 3pm. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Music & Entertainment
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Working with Children Check *
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? . We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more**!**
Are you an octave above when it comes to music? You could be instrumental to our awesome music program!
CPL’s Ashgrove service has got their ears pricked for the dulcet tones of a volunteer Music Mentor! If you’re a groove maker with an unrivalled passion for all things musical, and are ready to share your vocal skills or talent in guitar and/or piano join our budding orchestra and volunteer every Friday!
As the volunteer Music Mentor you will be:
- Supporting the studio facilitator with the music program
- Teaching clients how to play the keyboard/guitar
- Encouraging and inspiring clients to pursue their musical interests
- Sharing your musical talent and expertise with clients and staff
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers
**This volunteer role will take place every Wednesday between 1pm and 3pm. **The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!