- Location: Campbelltown SA, Norwood SA, Salisbury SA, Leabrook SA, Balaklava SA, Port Augusta SA, Victor Harbor SA, Warradale SA
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
11am - 1pm, Monday to Friday
Type of work
- Driving & Transportation
- Food Preparation & Service
- Companionship & Social Support
- National Police Certificate *
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and well-being is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Meals on Wheels is a not-for-profit, community-based volunteer organisation working throughout South Australia. Since 1954, we have assisted many people in the community to live independently in their own homes by providing meals for up to 7 days. Delivering hot, delicious, nutritious 3 course meals on week-days and frozen meals for weekends, public holiday and other times when clients may need to be away from home. Our clients include those who cannot cook or shop for themselves with ease, such as older people, people with a disability, carers or those recovering from an illness or injury.
You can choose to other be a delivery volunteer or a driver volunteer. You will team up in twos to drive and deliver delicious three-course meals and provide valuable social contact for many people living independently in our community.
People applying for the driver position should have a valid driver's License. Drivers are also required to use their own car, but petrol reimbursement is available.
Meals On Wheels are authorised to conduct police checks if a current one is not held.