- Location: Ballarat VIC
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Arts & Culture
Each shift is 3.5 hours, but you do need to allow a few extra minutes for the exhibition open/close process. Morning shift: 10am - 1.30pm, Afternoon shift 1.30pm - 5pm
Type of work
- Arts, Craft, & Photography
- Education & Training
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
Volunteers are required to complete event induction training.
- Working with Children Check *
BIFB requires all volunteers to be at least 18 years of age.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Art helps us to understand the world in new ways and our education programs help facilitate this discovery for school folk of all ages. Working in support of the BIFB Education Officer, your assistance could take many forms including:
- development of material for and compilation of information/education packs
- administrative tasks in support of workshops, artist talks, tour schedules etc
- venue set up & pack up
- assist with or conduct school tours of exhibitions
- participant support
Key things you need:
- a current Working With Children Check is mandatory
- a love of team work
- to be reliable and able to stick with tasks to completion
- excellent communication skills with ability to successfully interact with children of all ages, as well as BIFB team and artists
- good admin and research skills
By volunteering with us you will get hands on experience in the delivery of arts based education programs, exposure to innovative national and international photographic arts practice, opportunities to network with program artists and establish arts industry links. Our volunteer rewards program includes allocated and/or discounted festival tickets, merchandise and events.