- Location: Ballarat VIC
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Arts & Culture
Each shift is 3.5 hours, but you do need to allow a few extra minutes for the exhibition open/close process. Morning shift: 10am - 1.30pm, Afternoon shift 1.30pm - 5pm
Type of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
Volunteers are required to complete event induction training.
BIFB requires all volunteers to be at least 18 years of age.
Gallery Attendants are the public face of the Biennale and play a vital role in the running of the event. As the first point of contact for visitors to our exhibitions, your role is to provide a positive experience and will be required to undertake the following duties:
- opening/closing the exhibition spaces
- greet and engage visitors, providing information about the artist, exhibition, BIFB and/or Ballarat
- record visitor numbers and/or ticket scanning
- general housekeeping and monitoring of art works, venue and exhibition infrastructure, reporting issues as they occur
Key things you need:
- to be comfortable working independently
- good interpersonal skills and enjoy interacting with the general public
- to be proactive in developing general knowledge about the Biennale program its artists, exhibition and Ballarat
- to be willing to wear a supplied BIFB uniform (jacket/t-shirt/apron & lanyard), so visitors can readily identify you
- to be reliable and punctual
By volunteering with us you will get hands on experience in audience, exhibition and arts festival management, plus opportunities to network with program artists and establish arts industry links. Our volunteer rewards program includes allocated and/or discounted festival tickets, merchandise and events.