- Location: Rozelle NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Indigenous Australians
Thursdays, 10am- 2pm (3-5 hours pw)
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
An induction/tour of the organisation and introduction to staff given. The programs that operate will be explained and their impact. As part of the fundraising event team, you will be shown the activities that need to be done and training provided.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
An enthusiastic volunteer is sought to join the team as part of the Young Aboriginal Mothers Project (YAMP). This NFP organisation designs unique, innovative and transformational programs to empower young Aboriginal parents with children aged 0 to 5 to break the life cycle of suffering caused by loss of country, community, culture and family.
The successful applicant will be an experienced Early Childhood Educator who has experience working with small children from 1-5 years of age.
- *Developing strong relationships with children at the service;
- Developing strong relationships that support and partner with families and the community;
- Implementing the policies and associated procedures of the organisation at all times; and
- Working with other staff towards continuous improvement in all areas of the service’s operations.
Advanced English literacy and oracy. Minimum age is 22 years.
- You will work with people who are passionate about changing the lives of Aboriginal children and their families.
- The organisation is made up of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal professionals working side by side for fundamental improvements in the life of Aboriginal families, their infants and children. You will have the opportunity to meet people and experts in the field of psychiatry, psychology, social work, etc. working to support Indigenous Australians.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.