- Location: Naracoorte SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Museums & Heritage
We meet for work sessions at the museum site 9am to noon on Wednesdays. Occasional (or regular, if you prefer) attendance of a monthly management committee meeting.
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
The person we are seeking needs to have:
* knowledge and experience of office procedures;
* knowledge and experience with computer file and folder management, and LibreOffice/ OpenOffice/Microsoft Office (we use LibreOffice);
* an understanding of confidentiality issues, and be able to maintain confidentiality;
* a friendly and engaging personality;
* a positive attitude;
* attention to detail;
* analytical skills;
* self-driven, with a confident ‘can-do’ disposition;
* a resident of Naracoorte, or District;
* (ideally) a financial member of the National Trust of South Australia.
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
The person for this job will be assisting the museum (and the National Trust branch that runs it) in modernising its operations. A Controlled Documents system has been implemented, but needs maintenance, and ongoing review.
A filing system for the general paperwork needs to be set up and maintained.