- Location: Naracoorte SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Museums & Heritage
The Treasurer's work can be done on site (we meet on Wednesday mornings 9am to noon), but is better done at home at times to suit you. There is a requirement of attending a monthly branch management committee meeting (usually two to three hours) once a month.
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
Guidance/training is provided, together with documentation.
- National Police Certificate *
The Treasurer requires:
* an understanding of confidentiality issues, and be able to maintain confidentiality;
* an ability to attend (in Naracoorte) monthly meetings, and other meetings as
* a willingness to represent and actively promote the branch in the community;
* experience using Microsoft Excel, LibreOffice/OpenOffice Calc (as the branch
finance records are kept in workbooks, and summaries are provided to State Office
monthly for entry into a computerised accounts system);
* attention to detail; and
* analytical skills.
and must be:
* trustworthy; and
* self-driven, with a confident ‘can-do’ disposition.
A National Police check (at the Trust's expense) is required.
The Treasurer must be:
* a current (paid-up) member of the National Trust of South Australia.
* a resident of Naracoorte or district.
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- assists the branch management committee in formulating budgets;
- provides financial advice and information to the branch management committee as required;
- oversees the financial administration of the branch by maintaining accurate records;
- prepares monthly financial reports for the branch management committee, and for the National Trust State Office (which handles the computerised accounts system);
- prepares an annual financial report for the AGM;
- ensures all financial records are available for audit;
- maintains bank accounts;
- complies with National Trust regulations;
- manages the lodgement and disbursement of funds into the branch’s accounts;
- performs bank account signatory duties on the branch’s accounts;
- maintains the Petty Cash system; and
- prepares and sends invoices (e.g., for room hire) as required.