- Location: Epping VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Wednesdays 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Location: Epping Community Services Hub Hours: Wednesdays 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Summary of program and its objectives ReSource Youth Program facilitates participation in education and employment for young people of refugee, migrant and asylum seeker backgrounds aged 15 - 25.
Given the Chance delivers a range of demand-led employment programs that work closely with both employers and disadvantaged jobseekers across Melbourne (Fitzroy, Dandenong, Flemington and Epping).
The purpose of the Employment Support Volunteer is to work alongside program staff to increase participants’ work readiness, access to employment and vocational opportunities, and social connections.
To meet the selection criteria, candidate will require
- Current knowledge and experience of Australian workplace and education pathways
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate to young people
- An understanding of and empathy with people from diverse and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Understanding of and sympathy with the values and ideals of the BSL
For full details, refer to the Employment Support Volunteer Role Description available on our website or phone Anna Hutchens, Community Volunteers Coordinator on (03) 9422 5625.
To apply: please email a cover letter, completed screening questionnaire and your resume to volunteer email.