- Location: Moorabbin VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
One to two hours a week or fortnight
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Garden Maintenance
- Seniors & Aged Care
Orientation, training and ongoing support provided.
- National Police Certificate *
Applicants must be willing to undergo a police check, referee checks and other checks as required.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are currently seeking volunteers to assist local residents with light gardening tasks in their own home. The program endeavours to keep avid gardeners active and mobile, completing light gardening tasks such as weeding, watering and planting. Volunteers and residents work alongside each other, and are encouraged to include a cuppa and social chat into each visit. A local walk may also be incorporated into each visit. The service is provided in blocks of 12 weeks and volunteers will be matched with residents who live close by. This opportunity is suitable for volunteers not wishing to drive or use their own vehicle.