- Location: Kidman Park SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Minimum 4 hours per week - ongoing; Weekdays and weekends during business hours
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
Volunteer induction and role specific training will be provided
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Minimum commitment 4 hours per week
- Volunteer for Saturday and Sunday shifts urgently required
- Become a Red Cross Shops volunteer and give back in a whole new way
The program Red Cross Shops sell new and donated clothes, accessories and homewares to raise funds to help people in need. Each year, we rescue 450 tonnes of clothing from landfill, give opportunities to 5000 volunteers, and generate funds to help Red Cross support vulnerable people in Australia and around the world. The proceeds from the sale of items support the vital everyday work of Red Cross, providing relief in times of crisis and care where it's needed most.
The opportunity Our Kidman Park Red Cross shop is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist on the shop floor. By joining the team you’ll get the opportunity to:
- Provide customer service and process sales
- Create window and visual merchandising displays
- Sort donations and price products for sale
- Contribute your skills and help us raise money for those in need.
A minimum commitment of just four hours a week is required to volunteer. No experience is necessary and all training is provided. Red Cross is an inclusive organisation and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and experience levels, so if you have some spare time and want to give back to your community we’d love to hear from you.
The impact As a Red Cross Shops volunteer, you’ll develop valuable retail skills while helping us raise funds to bring care and comfort where it’s needed most. Red Cross will ensure you have training, ongoing support and access to other opportunities within the world’s largest humanitarian network.
For more information, please contact Kerry McInnes 8100 4681.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.