- Location: Ashfield NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
One full or half day Sun - Fri between 8am and 4pm
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
Full training will be given to the chosen candidate
The Triage Volunteer provides quality frontline assistance to vulnerable guests. The role will include reception and administration support by assisting clients with appointment scheduling, referring to Intake and provision of basic triage services. This includes being the first point of contact for guests both face-to-face and via the phone and/or email and providing a safe and calm environment in the reception area.
The Triage Volunteer will need to undertake all duties in a caring and supportive manner consistent with the organisation's core values to provide an exceptional standard of care to guests at all times. Given the vulnerability of many of our guests, dealing with challenging behaviours will be of utmost importance.
- Essential attributes: Excellent phone etiquette,
- Basic computer and database skills;
- Basic knowledge of WHS standards and practices,
- Able to work as a team member.
Triage volunteers may be required to complete a range of set tasks under the supervision of relevant staff during a typical shift, and will include:
- Greet incoming guests and visitors; triaging enquiries or directing guests to the appropriate person they are meeting with.
- Liaising with caseworkers on intake assessments and assisting with interview scheduling.
- Provide information about Social Health and Wellbeing support services
- Update client details and enquiries as required within the CDS database
- Forward telephone calls and emails to Staff as required
- Provide personal care items to guests and takeaway meals to guests
Benefits: Support this organisation in the delivery of food, primary healthcare and crisis support to Sydney’s homeless and marginalised.