- Location: Frankston VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:45 am – 3:30 pm. Career mentors are rostered on specific days according to their requests. You will be expected to volunteer from one to several days per month.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Counselling & Help Line
- Education & Training
Induction and Role Training provided.
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Meet with clients one on one to understand their career goals
- Provide professional advice and support to clients
- Review documentation such as resumes, references and social media profiles to improve employability
- Provide follow up support to clients in order to increase touch-points and provide additional coaching opportunities
Key Skills Required:
- Strong customer focus
- Up to date knowledge of professional career tools including but not limited to a quality resume, and Linkedin profile
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong empathy and understanding