- Location: Golden Grove SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
10am - 3pm everyday
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Companionship & Social Support
- National Police Certificate *
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The purpose of the volunteer role is to work within the volunteer program of Helping Hand Aged Care to provide support services to residents/clients with the aim to enhance their quality of life.
Duties may include:
- Accompany residents to activities
- Conversations/walks/assist with memory support/men's club as per activity calendar
- Enjoy working with people who are elderly
- Be friendly, outgoing, respectful, friendly & enthusiastic disposition
- Have a positive personality
- Willingness to help other people
- Prepared to undergo a Current Police clearance