- Location: Bathurst NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Education & Training
1.5 hours per Week, each Wednesday during school term.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Groups of 10 or more
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Education & Training
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Tutoring & Coaching
Volunteers will be invited to training opportunities through Centacare Bathurst.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Homework Club runs at the school each Wednesday during the school term from 3:15pm - 4:45pm. Volunteers are responsible to assist children in completing their homework, assist children and staff with enrichment activities, assist staff in supervising children. Volunteers are expected to be positive role models for the participants. Volunteers must have a desire to work with young people (aged 5 through to 12). Experience working with children is highly recommended, though not essential. Must have Working with Children Check to start volunteering. The role is extremely rewarding as you work towards closing the gap, observing young Aboriginal children succeed. Volunteers are invited to all excursions, family events etc. Volunteers are also invited to a thank you dinner annually.