- Location: Ashburton VIC
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Family Services
Wednesdays 9.15am to 10.30am. Regular shift attendance required.
- Groups of 10 or more
- People Learning English
Type of work
- Garden Maintenance
Information pack to be read, including policies and procedures. Gardening induction, facilitated by 3 year old kindergarten lead.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Reference checks
- Induction session
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Craig Family Centre.
Help create a community garden for families to get involved in. You will be working with kindergarten aged children in this role and will need to be available on Wednesday mornings.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Working with 3 & 4 year old kindergarten children and their parents
- Facilitating gardening skills with kids and parents
- Maintaining community garden plots
Skills and Experience:
- Gardening experience or hobby
- Experience growing fruit, veg and herbs
- Experience working with children
- Helping to create a community garden for families to get involved in
- Promoting healthy eating at an early age
- Promoting sustainability and developing environmental awareness
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.