- Location: Moonee Ponds VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Time commitment: 2-4 hours a week dependent on special events and festivals; where we may require extra presence Scheduling: Ambassadors will be rostered to shifts that accommodate their availability
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Induction training - Healthy Ageing Volunteers will undergo training about general Age Care services, services council offer (including eligibility guidelines) and be introduced to key staff who can connect and help community members.
Millage and out of pocket expenses
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Individuals must agree to abide by the position description provided and recognise that when they are volunteering they will be representing the Moonee Valley City Council.
Volunteers will need to be able to stand for up to one hour at a time
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Healthy Ageing Ambassador volunteers will show regular presence at community venues and events, in order to provide seniors with information on aged care services, and how to navigate the system.
Information will cover:
- Benefits of an Aged Care Assessment
- How to organise an assessment, including contacting My Aged Care
- Details about available services/groups and how to access them
- Details about opportunities for community participation and engagement
Suitable volunteers will need to:
- Have a genuine care for promoting the principle of healthy ageing and connecting individuals
- Have a friendly disposition
- Be confident to distribute information to the general public
- Have the ability to act impartial and without judgment when interacting with a diversity of clientele
- Attend training as required and cooperate with relevant policies and procedures