- Location: Midland WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Health
Wednesday or Thursday mornings for a minimum of 2 hours per week. Hours are negotiable depending on demand and therapist's availability.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Trades & Maintenance
Introduction to the organisation; orientation to the workplace; job-specific training as required
Authorised out-of-pocket expenses
- National Police Certificate *
- Certificate IV in Massage Therapy HLT42015
* Documented evidence of 50 hours of supervised practice
* Eligible for membership to a professional association
* Completion of volunteer training
* Positive approach to the workplace
* Understanding of and commitment to the values of Cancer Council WA
* Commitment to work within the boundaries of the role
* Reliable & trustworthy
* Good personal health
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Cancer Council WA has a commitment to providing people affected by cancer, their families and carers with support to enhance their feelings of well-being and quality of life.
We are seeking a qualified Complementary Touch-Based Therapist to administer Cancer Council approved complementary touch based therapy to people affected by cancer. The Complementary Therapy program operates weekly and aims to offer a range of approved complementary therapies, in this case Hand & Foot Massage, to clients by appointment.
Under the guidance of the Cancer Support Coordinator, the main tasks and responsibilities are:
• Comply with Cancer Council Complementary Touch Based Therapy policy, guidelines and protocols • Deliver chosen therapy within this framework • Meet time and duty commitments • Complete consent and medical history client forms • Respect client confidentiality • Complete reporting documents • Maintain regular contact with and provide feedback to supervisor • Report concerns regarding client suitability or condition