- Location: Woolloongabba QLD
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Health
Choose between monthly, fortnightly or weekly performances depending on your current commitments. 6 months commitment required. Performance duration 1-2 hours.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Music & Entertainment
6 modules of corporate on-line mandatory training Volunteer Handbook and Worksheet Questionnaire
Nil reimbursements, however we can provide free car parking
•Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD)
It is recommended if serving in this role for the volunteer to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough). Vaccinations can be provided by the Volunteer Services Unit if requested.
•Criminal History Check completed by the Volunteer Services Unit
The Volunteer Services Unit is seeking volunteers who wish to play music in the public spaces within the hospital. The live performances aim to positively enhance the hospital environment and create healing environments for patients. Princess Alexandra Hospital embraces the cultural diversity of our community and we encourage people from all cultural and musical backgrounds to apply and participate.
Music and performances
- Individuals and groups, both small and large, will be considered based on their ability to perform calming, relaxing and uplifting music.
- For each performance the baseline expectation is that volunteers will play well-rehearsed music, of approximately 10 songs or pieces, on their own portable non-amplified instruments.
- The usual session duration is 1 to 2 hours mid-morning each weekday, however there will be some flexibility based on individual availability.
Eligibility and auditioning
- Volunteers need to present for an interview and audition and be able to commit to a minimum of performing once a month for the duration of 6 months.
- Volunteers will undergo a criminal history check and provide their immunisation status with an option to receive the recommended vaccinations for the role.
- If successful, volunteers will undergo onsite induction and training and then be scheduled to a performance roster by the Volunteers Services Unit.
- Limited on-site car parking will be provided.
Dates to consider
- We are preparing a roster for the period June 2019 to November 2019 and December 2019 to May 2020.