- Location: Woolloongabba QLD
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Health
Commit to weekly, fortnightly or monthly performances over a 6 month period. Performance duration approximately 1 hour.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Music & Entertainment
• Volunteer Induction and on-the-job training by volunteer Buddy and Supervisor • Volunteer Handbook Questionnaire • Metro South Health self-paced online training (optional for this role)
• Nil reimbursements, however we can provide free car parking
• Applicants are invited for an interview on an as needs basis
• Pre-placement screening, including criminal history and reference checks will be undertaken before appointment
• It is a recommendation when serving in this role for the volunteer to be, and to remain vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and hepatitis b.
• Please refer to the Information Package for Applicants for details of screening and other requirements: metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/get-involved/volunteer/pa-hospital
The Volunteer Services Unit is recruiting musicians to play music in the public spaces within the hospital. The live performances aim to positively enhance the hospital environment and create healing environments for patients. The Princess Alexandra Hospital embraces the cultural diversity of our community and we encourage people from all cultural and musical backgrounds to apply and participate.
Music and performances
- Individuals and groups, both small and large, will be considered based on their ability to perform calming, relaxing and uplifting music.
- For each performance the baseline expectation is that volunteers will play well-rehearsed music, of approximately 10 songs or pieces, on their own portable instruments.
- The usual session duration is approximately 1 hour mid-morning each weekday, however there will be some flexibility based on individual availability.
Eligibility and auditioning
- Volunteers need to present for an interview and audition and be able to commit to a minimum of performing once a month for a minimum of 6 months.
- Volunteers will undergo a criminal history check and reference check.
- If successful, volunteers will undergo onsite induction and training and then be scheduled to a performance roster by the Volunteers Services Unit.
- Volunteers will have an option to receive the recommended vaccinations for the role.
- Limited on-site car parking will be provided.
Dates to consider
- We prepare a monthly schedule a month in advance and recruitment is ongoing.