- Location: Yarra Junction VIC
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
3-6 months plus.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Administration & Office Management
Attend training as required
- National Police Certificate *
- National Criminal History Check
- Working with Children check (optional)
- Pastoral Commendation or two references
- Must live locally to Yarra Junction
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
LinC Yarra Valley is committed to providing high quality, non-judgemental care for all our customers to carefully assess needs and match appropriate services. Some needs will be referred to volunteers (transport, material aid and crisis support etc.) whilst more complex needs will be referred to local agencies/support services.
Our aim is to alleviate poverty and distress for people experiencing isolation, homelessness, disability/ageing, financial and family crises. Through our referral centre and network of Christian churches and local agencies, we provide practical care for vulnerable people.
To help us achieve this mission, we need you to have:
- Demonstrated organisational, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Well-developed computer literacy skills including Office 365 suite
- Preferably experience supporting vulnerable people in the community.
- Familiarity with community organisations and services
- Preferably awareness of government policies and processes
If you're genuinely ready to make a difference now, please apply for this volunteer role. We look forward to meeting with you to discuss your suitability further.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.