- Location: Richmond VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Travellers Aid covers all events at the MCG for 2019. Volunteers would be required to attend as many events as possible for 2019. Volunteering will include weekday/weekend and day/night games. Volunteers maybe required to be present prior to, during/and or at the end of the events.
- Groups of 10 or more
- People Learning English
- People with disability
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Driving & Transportation
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
All applicants will undergo an information session, interview and induction process prior to starting the role. All Volunteers will be provided with the necessary training to perform at their maximum capability.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
- Application form
- Reference checks
- Induction session
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Travellers Aid Australia.
Help support people with disabilities, older people and people from diverse backgrounds with access to MCG Events. Volunteer must have a current Victorian Drivers Licence to undertake the buggy training.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist patrons who have difficulty getting from designated point of need to the MCG and their relevant gate or entry point prior to the event
- Support their return to the designated drop off point
- Other tasks include, crowd control, buggy driving and provision of general information
Skills and Experience:
- Outgoing and level-headed personality
- Experience working with people with disabilities, older people and people from diverse backgrounds
- Culturally aware and sensitive to the needs and different perspectives of people from diverse cultures
- People skills including an ability to stay calm under pressure and willingness and ability to de-escalate situations
- Customer service skills
- Solution based communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and the ability to work unsupervised
- Physically able to perform the duties as required
- Volunteer must have a current Victorian Drivers Licence to undertake the buggy training
- Volunteers participating at each event will be provided with a free pass entry to the particular event
- A $20 food voucher which can be spent at any of the restaurants within MCG is also provided