- Location: Across: Darwin NT, Darwin NT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Days, times and locations may be determined by volunteers in accordance with the appropriate clients available.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
We are looking for volunteer visitors who have the following qualities:
a. Presents well
b. Able to visit a lonely resident or a small group of residents
d. Good communication and listening skills
e. Able to engage in small talk and conversation starters
f. Empathy and consideration for the elderly residents
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Community Visitors’ Scheme is a federally funded program, established to promote links between people living in an aged care homes or the wider community.
The CVS aims to enrich the quality of life of residents of aged care homes, or their own home, who may be socially isolated or lonely, whether it be for social or cultural reasons or due to disability.
Our volunteer visitors pay personal visits to these clients.