- Location: Across: East Arnhem NT, East Arnhem NT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Days and time and locations may be determined by volunteers in accordance with the appropriate clients available.
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Fuel Reimbursement may apply.
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
We are looking for volunteer visitors who have the following qualities:-
c. Good Communication and listening skills
d. Able to engage in small talk and conversation starters
e. Empathy and consideration for the elderly clients.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are looking for that special person to establish a link between people living in their own homes and the wider community. Willing to seek advice when appropriate, demonstrate genuine empathy, understanding and enjoyment of older people.
You would be expected to enrich the life/lives of all care receipients, due to the fact that they maybe socially isolated or lonely. Whether it be for Social or cultural reasons or due to disability.
If you are someone who is reliable, patient and has great communication skills to:
- recruit volunteers in the Community Visitors Scheme
- assist with training
- assist with coordination of volunteer to client
- have basic computer skills
- strong links with their local community
- enjoys working in a team environment
We'd love to hear from you!
You would be required to use your own car, we can offer a fuel reimbursement(75 cents/per/km).
You will need to report to the CVS Program Manager on a monthly basis and commit to a min of 12 months in the role, have the ability to maintain clear boundaries and be able to work independently in the role.