- Location: Across: Baulkham Hills NSW, Wagga Wagga NSW, Red Hill ACT, Macquarie Park NSW, Queanbeyan NSW, Kellyville NSW, Griffith ACT, Forster NSW, Alstonville NSW, Coraki NSW, Leura NSW, Parkes NSW, Point Clare NSW, Warabrook NSW, Bangor NSW, Morisset NSW, Cowra NSW, Narellan NSW, Taree NSW, Willoughby NSW, Dubbo NSW, Grafton NSW, Woolloomooloo NSW, Mayfield NSW, Port Kembla NSW, Wallsend NSW, Warilla NSW, Wellington NSW, Windale NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Various flexible shifts available to suit your lifestyle.
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Job orientation and guidance provided.
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
BaptistCare connects with individuals, families and communities. They are a market leader in aged care services throughout NSW and ACT, because they care and love what they do and the communities they engage with. BaptistCare also supports the community with services such as domestic violence prevention initiatives, affordable housing and no-interest loans.
Their volunteers support and assist staff and residents/clients by engaging in a variety of enjoyable and rewarding volunteer activities. Come and join a team that makes a difference every day!
Volunteers are needed to provide assistance with all activities such as social interaction, games, walking, shopping trips, social outings and other activities that encourage clients/residents to maintain their independence and well-being.
- Assist staff with the delivery of recreational activities both in-house and externally
- Assist staff with the preparation, set-up and clean-up of activities
- Assist mobile clients (as directed by staff) to and from the activity area/transport
- Assist clients to engage in the activity by providing gentle encouragement, practical assistance and guidance
- Demonstrate compassion and care toward others
- Present a positive and friendly approach to all
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to work well in a team
- Participate in activities safely, being mindful of clients, self and staff
- Preserve the privacy of clients and team members by observing the required standards of confidentiality
- Comprehensive orientation and induction training
- Closer connection with your local community and a sense of belonging
- New friendships and create professional networks
- Build your confidence
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay. If we do need to contact you by email, our emails often end up in “Junk Mail”. Please check your Junk Mail for our response.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.