- Location: Yarraville VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
8:45am-2:30pm every Friday on an ongoing basis
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
Specific training related to the following will be undertaken. • Safe Manual Handling • Personal Protective Equipment • Safe Handling of Wooden Pallets • Pick-Pack Breakages and Spills • Manual Pallet Jack Operation • Incident/Hazard Reporting
If you’re a friendly and outgoing person who is comfortable instructing and supporting teams of people the Volunteer Pick and Pack Supervisor role is perfect for you!
We are looking for an individual to fill a single role on Fridays on an ongoing basis. This role is pivotal in ensuring that food items ordered online by over 400 Agency partners are picked and packed in a timely, accurate and safe manner. The Volunteer Pick and Pack Supervisor is required to train and supervise volunteers on the warehouse floor.
- Due to the physical nature of the work, this task is not be suitable for anyone with muscular, skeletal or back injuries or concerns.
- This activity involves significant amounts of lifting/bending, twisting/turning, repetitive movements and standing/walking for long periods of time. Boxes vary in weight and some can weigh up to 15kgs.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Reinforcing OHS/traffic flow and management protocols relating to volunteers undertaking pick/pack.
- Training all new corporate volunteers, new regular volunteers and Work for the Dole participants in the process of pick/pack online food orders.
- During the day, monitor the work of each team of 3-4 volunteers ensuring orders are being accurately filled, pallets are being securely stacked and safe manual handling and traffic flow protocols are being observed. Skills that would make you an amazing supervisor include:
- Strong leadership skills and ability to train, motivate, organize, supervise and lead teams.
- Friendly and outgoing personality.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet timelines and problem solve.
- Previous experience working in a warehouse is desirable but not essential.
We will interview potential candidates and include a tour of our warehouse. Two references will also need to be provided. All volunteers must be over 18 years old.
If this positions sounds like you please complete and expression of interest form.
If you have any questions relating to the position please email or call the volunteering team on 93628300. More information can be found on our website. Google 'Foodbank Victoria' for this information,