- Location: Across: Woollahra NSW, Artarmon NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Young People
2-4 hours per fortnight on a weekend
Type of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Companionship & Social Support
Full training provided and volunteers will have constant support from their supervisors.
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Organisation is looking for volunteers who wish to be a positive influence to the life of a young person. "The Bigs" are volunteers aged between 18-35 who come from different backgrounds and various interests. They can be single, married, working full time or studying.
Once linked to a "Little" you will be required to commit to seeing your " little" every fortnight for 2-4 hours on a weekend.
It is essential that the volunteer has excellent conversational English to be able to communicate effectively.
- Opportunity to thrive in life through ongoing support and friendship of a Big Brother or Sister.
- Satisfaction in giving positive support to a young person through which the "Littles" may experience incressed self esteem, reduced feelings of social isolation and improved relationships with others.