- Location: Across: Salisbury SA, Seaton SA, Brompton SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
A minimum of 1 hour, at least 10 visits for six months commitment. Any day of the week from 10 am to 4 pm at volunteers discretion. Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role be a maximum of 15-16 hours per week.
- People with disability
- People Learning English
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Companionship & Social Support
Induction and ongoing/varied training offered
Available for travel expenses
- Driver's Licence (MR)
National Police Certificate *.
Must be over 18 years of age
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
As a community visitor, you add to their quality of life by being a companion and friend. You will be matched with an appropriate person, looking at things like their background, interests, hobbies, likes and dislikes, languages spoken and so on.
Community Visitors visit at least once a fortnight with a minimum of 20 visits per year. Your visit may include reading, chatting, doing crosswords, reminiscing, watching a favourite TV programme, or listening to music. If they are able to, they might like to take a walk in the gardens. You may also provide assistance with day-to-day tasks, such as mailing letters, if you wish to and if this is appropriate. The activities you undertake will depend on their interests and health.