- Location: Rossmoyne WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Recreation
VARIOUS TO SUIT THE VOLUNTEER AS A LOT WILL BE MANAGED ONLINE
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Sport & Physical Activity
- National Police Certificate *
No formal qualifications required, however good level of computing skills and ability to pick up computer systems quickly would be highly desired. Ability to talk with people either by online communications or face to face.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Below is a list of some of the duties:
● Engaging with local community to see level of commitment from people willing to volunteer as cyclists (pilots) ● Speaking with local aged care industry and home care service providers to advise about our free services and how they can become part of the initiative ● Assessing safe bike routes that would be suitable for a trishaw ● Attending Intro to Pilot Training sessions so that they could run future Pilot Training for their local chapter, as per training curriculum provided by CWA Incorporation ● Reviewing and personalising risk assessments, checklists, etc based upon templates provided by the CWA Australia Incorporation ● Ride Scheduling of pilots and passengers (assistance on best practice and potential future technical solutions can be forthcoming from CWA Incorporation) ● Knowledge-sharing, both ways, between Community Captain and CWA Australia Incorporation ● Establishment and management of social media relevant to that chapter ● Regular scheduling of trishaw maintenance ● Capture of performance indicators like number or rides / passengers ● Assistance with recording of ride photos and stories which can be used for photo books and other marketing material ● Promotion of CWA events to local community and attendance if available
Depending on the size of the chapter, we see this role benefiting from the support of a volunteer Co-Captain, who will be able to assist in times of absence and for sustainability and succession planning.