- Location: Graceville QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
This volunteer role will take place every Tuesday from 11am to 1.30pm.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Sport & Physical Activity
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more**!**
Ahoy! Do you know your port from your starboard? Are you passionate about being on the water?
CPL is looking for a volunteer who is passionate about all things nautical to accompany clients as a social companion, on weekly sailing trips at Graceville! Raise your anchor, it’s time to get moving with your new volunteer role! If this sounds like your dream volunteer role, we would love you to get in touch and talk further about how you can volunteer your skill to add value to client’s lives!
As the sailing social companion, you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients.
- Encouraging clients to participate in and enjoy weekly sailing trips.
- Share your passion for sailing while encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their hobby/interest in sailing.
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. personal care or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
**This volunteer role will take place every Tuesday from 11am to 1.30pm. **The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!