- Location: Ashgrove East QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
For this role the volunteer will attend the end of week disco dance on Fridays between 1pm and 3pm.
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- People with disability
- People Learning English
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Working with Children Check *
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Do you dream about dance? Is Choreography your calling? Join us and do the Wheelchair Cha Cha Cha!
CPL's Ashgrove Service is looking for friendly volunteers with a passion for dancing to share their hobbies and interests with likeminded clients. If you can’t wait to let your creativity energy out through choreographed and freestyle wheelchair dance, then spread your dancing wings and fly across our dance floor with a fabulous new dance partner every Friday afternoon!
** As the Social Companion – Wheelchair Dancing you will be:**
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients.
- Encouraging clients to participate in and enjoy the dance space.
- Assisting with basic choreography of wheelchair dances e.g. figures of eight and shapes on the dance floor.
- Assisting with the facilitation of the dance activities where reasonable.
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
For this role the volunteer will attend the end of week disco dance on Fridays between 1pm and 3pm. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!