- Location: Leichhardt NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Museums & Heritage
Wednesday and / or Saturday, flexible hours between 8:30am - 5:00pm
Type of work
- Trades & Maintenance
Skilled volunteers are eager to impart their knowledge and skills in rebuilding, repairing and servicing vintage buses.
This Museum is a not-for-profit organisation first established in 1986, which helps to preserve a rare, and invaluable collection of historic buses dating from the 1920s to 1980s. This organisation has continued to exist for over 25 years thanks to their entirely voluntary workforce, who ensure their vehicles are regularly made available for various community and charitable events.
They are looking to recruit volunteers as assistants to skilled tradesmen in rebuilding, repairing, servicing and cleaning vintage buses and maintaining the Museum premises in good and clean order.
The principal skill required by the volunteer is the ability to take on tasks to assist more skilled volunteers and to learn higher skills.
- Fulfilling work in a friendly, unpressured environment with work colleagues, all of whom are volunteers.
- Opportunity to learn about the road transport heritage of NSW and further afield.
- Involvement in events and making new friends within this friendly museum with hundreds of members