- Location: Leichhardt NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Museums & Heritage
Wednesday and/or Saturday with flexible hours between 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Trades & Maintenance
Skilled volunteers are eager to impart their knowledge and skills in rebuilding, repairing and servicing vintage buses.
This Museum is a not-for-profit organisation first established in 1986 that helps to preserve a rare, and invaluable collection of historic buses dating from the 1920s to 1980s. This organisation has continued to exist for over 25 years thanks to their entirely voluntary workforce, who ensure their vehicles are regularly made available for various community and charitable events.
They are looking to recruit mechanical tradesmen, auto electricians, electricians, carpenters to get involved in rebuilding reclaimed vintage buses and in servicing and repairing them to road-worthy working order.
The principal skill required is to be able to use tools and work with metals and mechanical/ electrical components.
- Fulfilling work in a friendly, unpressured environment with work colleagues, all of whom are volunteers.
- Opportunity to learn about the road transport heritage of NSW and further afield.
- Involvement in events and making new friends within this friendly museum with hundreds of members