- Location: Box Hill VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Health
Thursdays 9.30am to 10.30am. Regular shift attendance required. May be required to attend additional meetings with staff on occasion. Commitment more than 12 months.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
Type of work
- Sport & Physical Activity
Interview and induction with our People and Culture Officer. Orientation with the staff supervisor which will include group information, reporting processes, OH&S management and understanding of National Heart Foundation of Australia Walking Program.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
- Application form
- Reference checks
- Induction session
- Medical check
- First aid certification
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Carrington Health.
Are you friendly and sociable and would like to coordinator our weekly walking group? The group meets at Aqua Link Box Hill at 9.30am on Thursdays.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Meet the walking group at Aqua Link Box Hill, at 9.30am on a Thursday
- Assist group members with walking pace, by supporting group members who wish to take a lead in walking and ensuring that all walkers are safe and accounted for at the end of the walk
- Plan alternative walking routes as appropriate
- Take a lead role in coordinating social meetings and events. This may include a post-walk ‘coffee’ at Aqualink Cafe, and annual events such as Christmas parties and picnic lunches
- Report on any issues or concerns to the staff supervisor
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to walk 3kms
- Friendly and sociable
- Insight into recognising individuals limitations
- Understanding of National Heart Foundation of Australia Walking Program or similar
- Maintain and increase fitness levels
- Opportunity to develop new friendships
- Lead and support others aiming to increase fitness levels