- Location: Brunswick East VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
1-2 hours each fortnight
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Sport & Physical Activity
Sighted guide training provided at initial interview.
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Blind Sports Recreation Victoria is currently seeking a volunteer to accompany a blind lady on a slow fortnightly walk in Brunswick. To apply, you must enjoy the outdoors, walking, helping to motivate people, and most importantly, have a tolerant attitude towards people with a disability.
You will be part of the Walking with Willpower program, which aims to increase fitness, well-being and community involvement for adults who are blind or vision impaired.
As a friendly, volunteer walking buddy you need to be more than 18 years of age.
Recruitment involves an interview, police and referee checks and completion of short training on how to best assist a person who has vision loss whilst out walking.
Try something new and make a positive difference to the quality of life of somebody in your local community. Join our friendly team of volunteers.
Blind Sports Recreation Victoria - promoting fitness and wellbeing through Walking With Willpower.