- Location: Box Hill VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Other
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9.00am to 12.00pm. You can undertake one or more shifts depending on availability. Commitment is negotiable/flexible.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Sport & Physical Activity
Organisation orientation with People and Culture Officer. Induction and orientation with Good Life Gym Staff. Additional training could be provided as need is identified.
- Medical Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
- Application form
- Reference check
- Induction session
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Carrington Health.
Are you available Monday, Wednesday or Friday morning from 9am-12pm to provide assistance at our Good Life gym?
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Meet and greet gym members and assist with sign in and lanyard distribution
- Maintain files and keep up to date brochures on information board
- Assist with cleaning of exercise Equipment
- Assist gym staff with gym members as required
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant community work ideally with experience in a gymnasium
- Good communication skills and ability to establish relationships with clients
- Capacity to undertake a range of administrative activities as directed by the supervisor
- Opportunity to support and make gym members feel comfortable and welcome at the gym
- Opportunity to develop and maintain administrative skills and impart some basic gym skills